We are Crowe - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Crowe’s growing Global Business Solutions department provides outsourced accounting and tax services to multinational companies. The Assistant will work as part of a management accounts team. The Assistant will support more experienced members of the team in delivering timely services and solutions to clients.
- Assisting more experienced members of the team with a portfolio of international clients, to deliver finance functions provided by the Firm, which will include:
- Accounts payable processing and payment
- Management of client funds
- Employee expenses reimbursement
- Management accounts
- VAT and other indirect taxes
- International HR
- This will involve posting accounts payable invoices and expense claims onto accounting systems, raising payments to be made out of client bank accounts, and checking the completeness of payroll and other services completed by the Firm’s overseas offices
- Other services as required such as setting up the bookkeeping in Sage or other accounting systems, and setting up beneficiaries on banking systems
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts in dual currencies
- Assisting the Compliance team with queries relating to year end statutory accounts and compliance
- Attending calls with clients and making notes of actions
- Liaising with third parties in the UK and overseas offices to follow up on services being provided
- Responding to client queries
- Escalating any issues or concerns to the Team Senior/Supervisor
- Performing administrative duties for the team
- Dealing with ad hoc queries and using initiative in different situations
- Delivering all work to set deadlines
- 1-2 years of accounting experience, with management accounting experience desirable
- Currently studying or desire to study for an accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/AAT)
- International experience an advantage
- Organised and able to deal with multiple deadlines and prioritise tasks appropriately
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to gain trust and develop relationships quickly
- Able to share knowledge within the team and carry out research as needed
- Awareness of risk, and ability to deliver high-quality documents
- IT skills – ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and accounting systems, such as SAGE, NetSuite etc.
- An interest in the big picture around what Global Business Solutions and the wider Firm can offer to our clients
- Attention to detail
Why join Crowe?
As one of the UK’s leading firms, we are always looking for exceptional people to join us. All of our people live Crowe’s values of professionalism, integrity, quality, development and approachability. Our ethos is to promote this friendly, approachable and professional style as trusted advisors, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers development, knowledge and the chance to progress. You will work alongside experienced specialists who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return, we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. You will also have the opportunity to work for a firm that truly puts its people at the forefront of its thinking.