- Application of Health & Safety legislation in a security environment Application of health and safety policies & practices, ensuring compliance with all legislation and regulations whilst minimising risks and threats derived from operating in a security related role.
- Manage Customer/Clients/ Stakeholders Ability to deliver a specific solution to meet the security needs of customer/industry stakeholder. Develop strong relationships and demonstrate competence & reliability in relation to security solutions and advice.
- Respond to Threats Identify and manage the threat effectively and use appropriate resources to reduce risks to the customer/organisation
- Ensure Staff are competent to operate within the security industry. The ability to interact with and manage people professionally and with integrity, whilst remaining compliant with all National and International Security regulations and guidelines, employment law and Human Rights Act. Providing coaching and guidance to instil confidence and competence within the workforce.
- Undertake Review The ability to review and effect change in relation to analysis of information/intelligence, feedback received, of a security nature.
- Manage Outcomes/Problem Solving Formulate and implement improvements to security, in order to reduce issues, address threats and minimise risk
- Ensure Compliance Compliance with all organisational security operations, policies, and procedures, utilising identified best practices and risk management principles. Take action to address noncompliance.
- Manage Communication The ability to communicate effectively on all levels, in various formats, both internally and externally, particularly during crisis management, incident reporting, liaising with other providers, such as Emergency Services.
- Encourage Community Social Responsibility Identify and implement effective measures to reduce/minimise risk and promote community social responsibility
- Manage Office/Site/Venue Ability to dispatch/provide a sufficient level of security in order to protect the customer’s assets in all circumstances including lone working, under duress and in hostile environments.
- Manage Expectations Deliver solutions to meet specific security expectations, to ensure successful completion of responsibilities.
- Manage Resources/Planning & Organising. Utilise resources effectively, without injury or loss, in order to ensure full delivery of Security Service standards.
- Assessing & controlling risks in relation Health & Safety. Have complete understanding of current health and safety regulations, with a view to minimising H&S risks and hazards to health and wellbeing, relevant to the Security Context/ Environment in which you operate e.g private Security Industry, MOD, Event Security, ‘in –house’, Dept for Transport,.
- Recognise the security needs of Customers & Stakeholders, and effect appropriate solutions. Understand the market in which the role operates and the specific needs of each customer/industry stakeholder, thus developing strong customer relationships and confidence in the security provision.
- Identify and assess possible threats and take relevant action. Understand the Organisational structure, policies & procedures as well as potential threats to the industry, modus operandi of individuals and specific organisations, both internally and externally.
- Manage Staff performance, development and welfare. Awareness of the role requirements and individual knowledge & skills and security specific accreditation/certification of personnel needed to carry out their role within the Security Environment. Understanding of Employment law, human rights, policies and procedures governing people management, and knowledge of leadership & motivational theories and principles.
- Review security service provision against agreed KPIs, action within relevant regulations & guidelines. Knowledge of relevant regulations governing security on a local and national scale. Understand areas of development that need to be addressed, of a security nature, in relation to specific customer needs.
- Manage outcome of service review and take action: Understand concerns surrounding issues, threats and risk and be aware of available options.
- Ensure compliance with regulations & provide advice/ solutions to potential security risks. Understand the regulations governing Security on a local, National and, where appropriate, international scale. Know how to identify and assess strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, risks, vulnerabilities and complex threats to security operations
- Ensure security of Communication Be conscious of the need for the appropriate use of written/verbal communication in all areas of security, including effective use of radios. Control access to customer & client information , security details, alarm codes, keys etc
- Manage Community Social Responsibility Know the impact and effects that your industry has on the environment and your responsibility to that community. Understand the importance of linking in with intelligence sources and crime/threat reduction initiatives.
- Control security of Office/Site/Venue Understand the customer’s area of responsibility in order to provide the correct level of protection of all buildings and assets
- Manage Expectations Understand the ‘bigger picture’. Be aware of how your role impacts on others and the Security Environment.
- Effective deployment of resources Awareness of all personnel and equipment in your area of responsibility e.g Screening equipment, radios, CCTV equipment, barriers etc
Candidates will conduct themselves in a way that is: Security conscious, Professional, Courteous, Respectful, Calm, Customer Focused, confidential and will behave with integrity.
Professional Qualifications / Recognition
This is a Level 3 apprenticeship.
Originally published on Gov.uk, this information has been re-used under the terms of the Open Government Licence.";