- Communication: works both independently and as part of a team and following the organisation’s code of practice; demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively and present both in writing and orally at all levels, using a range of tools.
- Customer Experience: demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients during sales operations and whilst defining requirements with an emphasis on customer satisfaction and relationship management.
- Data Security: operates securely in line with organisational guidance, legislation and organisational software packages and complies with security of data and can effectively record, analyse and communicate data at the appropriate level using the organisation’s standard tools and processes throughout all sales interactions.
- Problem solving: applies structured techniques for troubleshooting, problem solving and analyses problems by selecting the appropriate tools and techniques in line with organisation guidance when dealing with sales as well as routine tasks
- Assesses and qualifies sales leads by developing a clear understanding of clients’ business needs and advising how these might be met with appropriate products, tools and techniques.
- Project management: works flexibly and demonstrates the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team to progress sales and manage their time, workflow, priorities and projects.
- Interprets and follows:
- Health and safety legislation to securely and professional work productively in the work environment
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Sales of Goods Act 1979
- Sales process: professionally operates all sales-related tasks to maintain integrity, brand and company image during negotiations, handling of objections and closing sales with an understanding of the markets and external competitors
- Technical: ability to understand and explain the technical portfolio and technical systems sold within the organisation and can use the current hardware and operating systems available.
- Database and Campaign Management: prioritises their contacts and keeps an up to date database knowing when and why to contact current consumers or prospects in line with organisational requirements.
- Context / CPD: identifies and negotiates personal development in the context of the wider business and how their role relates to other roles in the business.
- Understands the basic elements and architecture of computer systems
- Has a working knowledge of Cloud and Cloud Services
- Understands the principles of secure coding
- Has a working knowledge of the role IT plays within the broader context of a business strategy
- Understands the main methodologies used for unified communications
- Understands the basics of how data storage works and the main technical options available
- Understands how to communicate using the appropriate language and terminology for audience and cultural awareness
- Understands the principles and ethics of sales, recognising the importance of delivering value to the customer
- Understands the sales life cycle, techniques & processes
- Understands how to negotiate, handle objections and close sales
- Understands the business product(s) they are responsible for selling including the relevant vendor product(s) as selected by the employer.
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- The ability to interact effectively and professionally with a range of different types of customer
- Ability to think analyticcally and to solve problems
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
- Ability to operate in a secure manner
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this might include GCSEs, A levels, a level 2 apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications, relevant experience and/or an aptitude test with a focus on functional maths.
The duration of this apprenticeship is minimum 12 months.
Professional Qualifications / Recognition
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry on to the Register of IT Technicians and those completing their apprenticeships are eligible to apply for registration
Originally published on Gov.uk, this information has been re-used under the terms of the Open Government Licence.";