- Observe health and safety regulations and procedures including: Apply electrical safety tests.
- Avoid the hazard left by residual energy.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are safe and fit for purpose.
- Understand and apply EU/BS product standards.
- Apply Portable Appliance Testing.
- Identify and use the appropriate mode of communication and be able to deal with and listen to customers.
- Comply with health and safety procedures to protect colleagues, customers and their family.
- Resolve disputes and know who to report to in case of problems.
- Research and apply environmental legislation that is current and appropriate to installations and repairs.
- Advise customers on energy saving practices and choosing environmentally friendly purchases in the future.
- Use the correct lifting techniques.
- Apply safe stowing procedures.
- Fit / remove safety bolts.
- Deliver product.
- Agree suitable site, with customer, for installation.
- Carry out electrical safety tests.
- Install product to manufacturer’s regulations.
- Make network connections including WiFi, Internet and bluetooth.
- Demonstrate product to customer’s satisfaction ensuring customer can operate product.
- Complete paperwork including re-call registration if agreed with customer.
- Select, use and apply diagnostic tools and aids to locate fault.
- Ensure that there is not a primary reason for fault occurring.
- Ensure replacement components are correct and meet specification.
- Replace components or reinstate software using correct sequence, appropriate tools and techniques.
- Ensure no damage to other components.
- Ensure product is working properly, test it for electrical safety, EU/BS Standards and demonstrate it to the customer.
- Communicate technical findings and Product / claim investigations, both verbally and in writing.
- Observe and adhere to the principals of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) when handling spare parts and open products
- Apply the appropriate electrical, electronic & software principles to understanding the nature and reason for faults.
- Understand and apply the principles behind product connectivity
- Understand and complete Network & Router set-up
- Relate performance to speed and/or set-up of the customer network
- Understand Apps and use them in product function & troubleshooting
- Health & safety regulations and practices relevant to the role.
- Testing to EU/BS Product Standards.( oven internal temperature & surface temperature tests)
- PAT (Portable Appliance Testing)
- Customer care techniques including any particular company policies.
- Environmental legislation ie WEEE (Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment) Directive.
- Health and safety regulations and practices including waste carriage regulations and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
- Electrical services, utility services, signal requirements and network connections.
- Manufacturer’s installation requirements eg: Ventilation, building strength, viewing distance and other site requirements.
- The operating principles and products operating sequence.
- The function of software in the operation of the product.
- Manufacturer’s service manuals as appropriate.
- The importance of van stock maintenance.
- The principles by which the product operates to help diagnose the faulty area and component or software.
- Giving a good impression of their employer and themselves by being polite and appropriately dressed.
- Having a friendly greeting and manner to colleagues and customers
- Showing respect for customer’s property and possessions
- Having concern for the safety of colleagues, customers, their family and pets
- Continuing ‘personal professional development’ in an industry that is changing rapidly
- Developing a trusting relationship with customers and colleagues
Individual employers will set any relevant entry requirements. Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking their end-point assessment.
Typically three years
Professional Qualifications / Recognition
This is a Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Originally published on Gov.uk, this information has been re-used under the terms of the Open Government Licence.";