ROLE AND CONTEXT
Through our Investment 2020 trainee programme Aberdeen have an excellent opportunity for a School / College leaver who is looking to establish a career within the Asset Management Industry. We will provide you with a structured 12 month training contract working in our RFP (Request for Proposal) team. The team is part of the distribution division at Aberdeen and is organised into two functions: RFP and Presentation.
This role will provide support to the whole team by assisting in the completion of administrative duties, management reporting and RFP’s/ presentations. The candidate will need strong computer skills, specifically Word and Excel, and the confidence to develop relationships with a variety of internal departments and managers.
Our programme is designed to offer relevant professional qualifications, training and learning opportunities to recent school and college leavers who are looking for their first role within the industry. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Updating presentations for prospective and existing clients
• Completing, reviewing and updating consultant database entries specifically for UK & European consultants.
• Updating questionnaires (RFIs, RFPs) on various investment capabilities on time and to a high level of quality and accuracy.
• Responding to requests (RFPs/RFIs) from investment consultants, existing clients and prospective clients
• Liaising with internal departments such as sales, performance, legal & compliance and investment management to obtain information
• Providing administrative support including management reporting and team meeting support
• Providing support to other team members
• 3 A Levels in subjects relevant to the industry
• Personal organisation - working to strict deadlines within known and agreed processes (time management and initiative)
• High standard of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail
• Able to work independently as well as within a team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong PC skills – Word and Excel
• Interest in the Finance industry
• AAM Knowledge
• Client Focus
• Ensuring Quality
• Interpersonal Skills
• Problem Solving
The above role is 12 month fixed term contract and part of Aberdeen Asset Management’s commitment to the Investment 2020 scheme to find out more about the scheme please visit (www.investment2020.org.uk).
Should you wish to apply for this role, please complete the online application at www.aberdeen-asset.com/careers including attaching your CV and a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Aberdeen Asset Management PLC. If you have applied in response to this specific vacancy, the HR representative coordinating the recruitment process for this role will be in touch with you in due course.