Your Role and Responsibilities
Learn from the best! Apprenticeships at IBM are all about picking up new skills – and lots of them. It’s four years’ worth of brilliant training, loads of exposure and the kind of experience you simply couldn’t get anywhere else. If you’ve decided to dive straight into the world of work after college (and if you’re as fascinated as we are by technology and how it can change business), our Degree Apprenticeship Scheme is one of the best learning experiences out there.
Level: 6 Duration: 4 years Salary: £20,000 Entry Requirements: 5 GCSEs grade 4-9, minimum 120 UCAS points (subject to change dependent on university requirements)
We have design placements available focussing on UX Design, Service Design and Visual Design. You don’t need specify which design speciality you’d like to be considered for, but if you do have a preference please tell us in your application form. If you don’t have a preference don’t worry, this won’t affect your chances. There's an opportunity to experience University life and meet apprentices from other organisations during days at University and interactive learning sessions.
What we look for:
• You don't need to be studying business or technology A-levels, but you must have a keen interest in both.
• You must have achieved at least 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C/4 or above including Maths and English Language. We also except Level 2 Skills Tests as a GCSE equivalent in Maths and English.
• You must also have achieved a minimum of 120 UCAS points
• You must also include a link to your portfolio in your application your application can not be progressed without the portfolio.
• You will need to be mobile – base locations are across the UK (including but not limited to Hursley (near Winchester), London, and Portsmouth).
• You must be authorised to work in the UK.
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
What we look for:
- You don't need to be studying business or technology A-levels, but you must have a keen interest in both.
- You must have achieved at least 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C/4 or above including Maths and English Language. We also except Level 2 Skills Tests as a GCSE equivalent in Maths and English.
- You must also have achieved at least 120 UCAS points
- You will need to be mobile – base locations are across the UK (including but not limited to London, Hursley (near Winchester) and Portsmouth), however the work will be project based and typically you’ll find yourself working at a client site which requires extensive travel and staying away from home during the week.
- You must be authorised to work in the UK.
Please ensure you attach your portfolio to your application
Eligibility to work in the UK without Sponsorship
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status