ROLE AND CONTEXT
Through our Investment 2020 trainee programme Aberdeen have an excellent opportunity for a School / College leaver who is looking to establish a career within the Asset Management Industry. We will provide you with a structured 12 month training contract working in our Client Reporting team.
This role will report to the Team Leader, Client Reporting who reports to the Manager of Pricing & Reporting within Client Reporting in EMEA to ensure delivery of consistently accurate and timely daily prices for the range of funds by State Street and BNP and deliver projects and change in accordance with strategic objectives.
Our programme is designed to offer relevant professional qualifications, training and learning opportunities to recent school and college leavers who are looking for their first role within the industry.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
KEY DUTITES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Undertake monitoring of processes and controls at State Street and BNP to ensure delivery of consistently accurate and timely daily prices, escalating issues in a timely manner
• Undertake validation checks on daily prices from State Street and BNP to ensure accuracy of prices delivered to the end customer
• Perform reviews of monthly fund trial balances to assist in identifying and resolving unexpected movements
• Where required, undertake any projects or tasks as may be required from time to time by the Team Leader
• Keep the Team Leader informed on a timely basis of issues and matters arising
• Ensure best practice within the business, including ensuring procedure notes are in place and up to date for all processes, and initiate and deliver any change process which may be required
• Perform tasks allocated by the Manager in relation to taxation oversight or regulatory reporting
• 2 highers or equivalent
• Able to work in a dynamic and growing area of the business
• Keen to lend a hand in a variety of situations to support the team
• Good interpersonal skills
• Willingness to learn
The above role is 12 month fixed term contract and part of Aberdeen Asset Management’s commitment to the Investment 2020 scheme to find out more about the scheme please visit (www.investment2020.org.uk).
Should you wish to apply for this role, please complete the online application at www.aberdeen-asset.com/careers including attaching your CV and a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Aberdeen Asset Management PLC. If you have applied in response to this specific vacancy, the HR representative coordinating the recruitment process for this role will be in touch with you in due course.