ROLE AND CONTEXT
Through our Investment 2020 trainee programme Aberdeen have an excellent opportunity for a School / College leaver who is looking to establish a career within the Asset Management Industry. We will provide you with a structured 12 month training contract working in our Facilities Management team. Reporting directly to the London Facilities Manager this customer service, task orientated position covers all aspects of Offices Services and is a hands-on role. Including, but not limited to, General Office, Mailroom, Printing & Binding, Porterage, Maintenance, Stock Control & Consumables Management, the role of Facilities Coordinator Trainee is essential to the smooth running of both the London Facilities Team and the business. This role will be closely integrated with those of other teams and as such, it is vital that the post holder be able to form strongworking relationships with other departments.
Our programme is designed to offer relevant professional qualifications, training and learning opportunities to recent school and college leavers who are looking for their first role within the industry. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities on any given day are task orientated, and will include some out of hours and weekend work as required. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, those detailed below. Facilities staff will be expected to carry out such tasks as deemed necessary in order to support all areas of the business.
You will be rotated through each function at regular intervals to ensure variety and to minimise skill fade. The role functions are Mail Management, Print Services, Office Services, Video Conferencing, Catering Support and
Each rotation will be accompanied with a vocational qualification including, but not limited to, DSE Assessor, First Aid at Work, Manual Handling, IOSH Working Safely and Fire Warden certified.
• Sort and distribute internal and external mail at pre-arranged times to all departments using SendSuite mail tracking software.
• Make regular collections of mail throughout the building.
• Check incoming faxes to the main company terminal and distribute promptly.
• Frank and prepare all outgoing mail.
• Investigate lost post items, verifying the outcome directly back to customers.
• Book UK and International couriers, ensuring the best service is used to suit the business needs. Follow through on queries associated to deliveries as requested.
• Ensure mail room and work areas are kept clean, tidy and safe at all times.
• Print & bind presentations & reports in all formats for all London based departments and from other offices as required.
• 1st line support for the repair and maintenance of all printers including software and hardware fixes
• Assist on site engineers to optimise printer running times.
• Operational health and safety administration including DSE assessments, inductions and general communications to staff carrying out periodic checks as required.
• Administer BBH access arrangements, including coordinating parking availability, security passes, booking of visitors etc.
• Perform office porterage as required, including, but not limited to, furniture moves, office moves, deliveries and collections.
• Monitor and maintain agreed stock levels in relation to all stationery, print and mail room consumables ensuring all orders are placed and requests distributed.
Video Conferencing and Reception
• Provide support and cover in reception as required and provide support and cover servicing external meeting rooms, staff kitchens and client events as required.
• Assist with video conferences providing first line support in booking, initiating, self-service producing, trouble-shooting and customer liaison
This job description identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
• Excellent customer service skills and focus
• Excellent team player
• Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing
• Sociable and friendly.
• IT literate and competent in MS Office including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
The above role is 12 month fixed term contract and part of Aberdeen Asset Management’s commitment to the Investment 2020 scheme to find out more about the scheme please visit (www.investment2020.org.uk).
Should you wish to apply for this role, please complete the online application at www.aberdeen-asset.com/careers including attaching your CV and a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Aberdeen Asset Management PLC. If you have applied in response to this specific vacancy, the HR representative coordinating the recruitment process for this role will be in touch with you in due course.