Role Title: Apprentice Traffic Planner – Level 3 – Southampton
Required qualifications: 5 GCSEs or equivalent grade 4/C or above
Duration - 3 years
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Southampton.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Planner. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship. The successful applicant will assist with the day to day operation of managing the traffic signals with the City to ensure the traffic keeps moving. While also assisting with transport studies aimed at identifying the impact, or potential improvements, that can be made to Southampton’s Road network.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Planning with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining a level 3 Transport Planning Technician Apprenticeship. You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Continuous Improvement Training and Customer Service training. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Traffic Planner:
- To gain an awareness of Traffic signal methodology and have the ability to develop a good working knowledge
- To develop an understanding of the importance of managing the network effectively and assist in the management and co-ordination of works on the highway
- Liaise with customers, and sub-contractors to ensure positive relations are maintained and their observations and comments are taken into account to the benefit of the contract.
- To ensure that all business documentation is completed fully and filed accordingly, and that reporting deadlines are adhered to.
- To be able to work with Word, Excel and other MS applications.
- The ability to prioritise workload
- To be able to communicate with a range of different stakeholders
- To have knowledge of the relevant Health & Safety requirements.
- Undertake personal training and development as required in order to build own skill, knowledge and competence.
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above including Maths &English or equivalent, coupled with an interest in Traffic Planning.
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme visit the website http://www.balfourbeatty.com/careers/graduates-undergraduates-and-school-leavers/meet-our-people/?section=apprentices and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.
To apply online, please click below:
Closing Date – applications are open until 29th April 2019, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.