This is an exciting opportunity to join Group Operations at UBS and work towards your Investment Operations Certificate.
A normal day will differ from role to role, but typically you’ll:
• manage and execute assigned responsibilities, like investigating risk related queries and processing corporate actions
• handle stakeholder or client queries, providing them with transparent information
• some roles may include involvement in strategic initiatives such as those related to regulatory issues, change and communication
You'll be working within Group Operations, the backbone of UBS. The team delivers best-in-class post trade services across the Investment Bank, Wealth Management and Asset Management. The focus is on enhancing and simplifying bank processes from trading floor through to systems capabilities.
You need to have completed you’re a-levels or equivalent by September 2019 and achieved 104 UCAS Points along with a level 5/6 in English Language and Maths GCSE. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
- analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- plan, organize and communicate well
- make things happen
- stick with a task
- work in a team
- come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
For the first 18 months of your apprenticeship you will be studying towards your Level 3 Investment Operations Certificate (IOC). You will then have the opportunity to progress onto various different high level apprenticeship schemes, where you have the potential to gain the equivalent to a bachelors undergraduate degree.
What you could go on to do…
• further specialise and become a technical expert in your area
• expand your Group Operations knowledge by moving across to a different service line, or department
• broaden your expertise further by moving out of Group Operations into another area of Corporate Centre or beyond
How you will be supported…
In addition to the exciting challenges from your day-to-day role, successful candidates will be provided training on a variety of technical and behavioural topics. You will also work towards acquiring the Investment Operations Certificate, a Financial Services industry recognised qualification.
Who we are looking for…
• Genuine interest in financial services
• Driven, hard-working and keen to take on new challenges
• Reliable and strong attention to detail
• Basic knowledge of MS Office
• Eager to solve problems, make things happen, stick with a task and work in a team
• Think about how things you’ve achieved match what we’re after
• Excellent organisational skills & multi tasker
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Strong communication skills with ability to convey information clearly, accurately and succinctly.
• Professional behaviour – dependable, reliable and accountable for own behaviour.