Job Title: Engineering Apprenticeship (Mechanical / Electrical)
Salary: Year 1: £7,364
Length of Apprenticeship: 4 Years
Tata Steel is one of the world’s most geographically diversified steel producers, with operations in 26 countries and commercial offices in over 35 countries.
In Europe we are one of the largest steel producers. But it’s not just our size that sets us apart. What makes us different is our approach to business. We believe our strength is how we build collaborative relationships that create new success for our customers
Tata Steel Tubes has one of the broadest ranges of welded tube from any steel manufacturer, supplying the construction, conveyance, pressure, energy, automotive, engineering & precision tube markets.
Engineering is at the heart of our industry and the efficiency and capability of our production facilities are the building blocks of a successful business. Our engineers play a crucial role in the life cycle of our unique equipment. From large scale procurement and customer focused projects to hands on maintenance, the variety of experiences here is unlike any other company.
You will need to have a genuine interest in Engineering and show a passion for this type of work.
To achieve Tata Steels vision we are looking for people with the qualities that will fit into our way of thinking; these include passion, drive, enthusiasm, imagination and the ability to adapt to new challenges. We are looking for innovative minds and skills that go beyond just pure academic ability in order to drive change and really make a difference.
The company are also looking for people who:
- Have strong communication and listening skills
- Are keen to learn
- Are reliable – with good timekeeping skills
- Are able to work in a team
- Are interested in the engineering/manufacturing industry
- Are comfortable with shift working
You’ll need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent (including English, Maths and Science) at Grades A* - C or level 4 – 9 or equivalents.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Apprenticeship Overview:
Year 1 Full Time College Study (Level 2 & 3)
Year 2, 3 & 4 On Site 4 days per week / 1 Day on Release to College (Level 3)
Working hours on site will vary by area but the majority of areas will work 7am – 3pm throughout your apprenticeship years.
Package and benefits
As well as your starting salary of £7,364, Tata Steel offers a very competitive package - that recognises your contribution to our business and supports you in your professional development. This includes:
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Employment opportunities and progression
- Ongoing Tata Steel training, which has built a reputation as one of the best within the industry
- One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted shopping with various local and national retailers and services including Vodafone, Nandos, Virgin Holidays, Jaguar Land Rover, Asos