Who is Leonardo ?
Leonardo is a global company working at the forefront of engineering and technology.
The Company is respected around the world for delivering innovative technological solutions in environments where failure is not an option.
Our teams of expert and passionate professionals are responsible for developing equipment and systems that provide:
- armed forces with the situational awareness to deliver operational effectiveness and return home safely
- emergency services with the tools to communicate and collaborate in order to rescue those in peril on land or in the sea
- security teams with the means to identify, track and protect against threats to our critical national infrastructure and way of life
- international space programmes with ability to understand more about our planet and the very fabric of our universe
Our customers’ operational requirements continually evolve and therefore demand cutting-edge technology combined with a performance and reliability that is unsurpassed.
To deliver against these challenges, we are looking to work with those individuals who are striving to fully realise their potential and in doing so, make a difference to the World in which we live.
Investing in the Future
At Leonardo we employ more than 4,000 people across the UK with sites in Basildon, Bristol, Edinburgh, Luton and Southampton. We are continually expanding and are delighted to offer a range of exciting opportunities through our award winning Business Apprenticeship Programme.
We require the very best talent to work at the forefront of business support within a world-leading business.
If you are willing to challenge yourself, to stretch your boundaries, to apply your mind to the solution of challenging problems, join our accredited apprentice programme and ensure you give yourself the best foundation for your business career. You will be learning while working alongside the people that operate at the create cutting edge of business for a worldwide market.
What do we need from you?
We are looking for people who understand the importance of two way communication, who are able to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative. We seek people who have the drive and commitment to work through difficult problems to find the right business solutions. We need people who understand the importance of our customers and who can work within the business to build both a sound business and product awareness.
The two year Business Apprenticeship scheme provides a variety of experiences through placements in our Commercial and Marketing businessdisciplines. The placements are typically 4 months each in duration and you will have the opportunity to move around thefunctions You will undertake the Business and Administration Level 3 NVQ Diploma and Functional Skills while you are at work.
You must have (as a minimum) the following qualifications:
- 2 x ‘A’ level or equivalent, one being in a Business Related subject
- Ability to Achieve High Performance
- Want Continuous Improvement
- Develop Customer Focus
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong numerical skills
- Team Player
- Demonstrate Self Awareness & Confidence
- A passion for Technical Analysis, judgement & Problem Solving
Beyond the programme there may be the opportunity for apprentices to further their academic achievements based on their talents and capability and on the needs of the business.
Have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK
Successfully complete SC security clearance.
What’s in it for you?
Leonardo values its people. As a result, we offer comprehensive and competitive benefits packages.
These offer the opportunity to:
- Earn while you Learn
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 3 performance related pay reviews in the two years following your apprenticeship
- Work in Flexible & Diverse Work Environment
- Flexible working hours
- 33 days holiday plus flex days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Pension scheme(Contributory)
- Private healthcare (Contributory)
- Contribute to society
- The opportunity to actively promote apprenticeships in the community and to represent the business in promoting opportunities with Leonardo
- Meet end-users and understand the value of the work you do
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within modern office facilities, and will use Display Screen Equipment. You may have the opportunity to travel between the different Company sites and also to meet with customers and suppliers either within the UK or abroad. There is a strong apprentice community within each of the Sites and you will have the opportunity to be a part of this team.
What are you waiting for?
Choosing to start your career with Leonardo will be extremely rewarding. You will work alongside some of the most talented people in the UK and have real opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge working on some of industries most exciting and technically advanced projects.
See how you can make a difference – APPLY NOW