The LOR School & College Leaver Programme - what can you expect?
A five-year programme that combines academic learning with on-the-job training. Successful candidates will complete a fully funded accredited day-release HNC and/or degree in their chosen area of interest while working as a Laing O’Rourke employee. The programme also includes a series of in-house modules, aimed at exposing you to the latest developments in construction and engineering. Your personal and professional growth will be supported throughout the programme using career planning toolkits and tailored development plans. During the programme you will work across a range of businesses and projects, which will offer the breadth and variety to support your career progression and will contribute towards your professional development.
You will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package which includes a company car from year four onwards.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for exceptional school or college leavers to fill roles within the following specialist areas:
- Civil Engineering
- Digital Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Building Services Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Construction Management
- Human Capital
- Health, Safety & Environmental/Sustainability
We are looking for school-leavers who meet the following criteria:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
- Be on track for or already gained 96 UCAS points or above (course dependant)
- Have gained at least five GCSEs at grade A- C
- Ideally you will have completed your education no more than two years before applying
We are mainly looking to recruit in the following locations:
Greater London and Dartford (Kent)
Those who are not within commutable distance to one of these locations will not be considered for the programme.
There are 4 stages to our School & College Leaver Programme recruitment process:
- Stage 1 - Online application. Once we receive your application, this will be reviewed and if successful, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to complete stage 2 of the selection process.
- Stage 2 - Online tests. You will be required to complete a series of verbal reasoning, diagrammatical and numerical online tests. If successful, you will receive an invite to stage 3 of the selection process.
- Stage 3 – Telephone Interview Upon successful completion of the online testing, you will be invited to complete a telephone interview. If successful at this stage, we will invite you to the final stage of the application process.
- Stage 4 - Assessment centre. You will be invited to attend an assessment centre at one of our central hubs in Manchester, Dartford or Explore Industrial Park in Worksop. Your half day assessment will include a structured interview, a group discussion and an individual presentation exercise.
If you are successful at the assessment centre, you will receive a written, formal offer of employment. This will be a provisional offer that is subject to your school/college leaver qualifications and grades, and successful background security and reference checks.
We recruit for the School & College Leaver Programme on an ongoing basis until all roles are filled. We therefore encourage early applications to any of our roles for the programme.
** School & College Leaver Programme will commence in September 2017**