Identify the ultimate package. Sell Sky products. Gain a qualification in Customer Services. Our Contact Centre Apprentices focus on having great conversations and delivering the bestservice for our customers.
About the programme
Working in our busy Contact Centre you’ll be part of one of our Customer Sales Teamswho work hard to deliver the best service in the country to new and existing customers. We have two main Sales teams in which this role maysit: Loyalty Change or Welcome.
- Loyalty Change - You mayfind yourself Taking inbound calls, you’ll understand what each customer wants and use your judgment to respond in the right way to ensure theyhave the bestpackage for their needs. We’ll helpyou develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to give our customers extraordinary service.
- Welcome – You’ll give new customers the warmest welcome to Sky. Taking inboundcalls you’ll understand what each customer wantsand use your judgment to respond in the right wayto ensure theychoose Sky. We’ll helpyou develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to give our customers extraordinary service ensuring our customers have the best package for their needs.
As an Apprentice with us you’ll be fully supported to achieve a nationally recognised Customer Service qualification by the end of your first 15 months at Sky. In your first four weeks, you’ll be fully supported by a learning specialistin our Start@Sky programme – learning all about our how we deliver outstanding customer service, making you an expert in thisfield. We’ll also assign you a buddy and assessor to guide you through your day-to-day tasks.
What you’ll be doing
- Listening attentively to customers: understanding their needs, showing empathy and inspiring trust
- Keeping the customer atthe heart of all thatwe do
- Keeping up to date with all Sky products and campaigns so thatyou caneffectively support our customers and promote new and existing products
- Delivering the best service in the country in every interaction
- Working towards targets across several business measures.
- This apprenticeship programme is 15 months
- Level 2/3 Customer Service Practitioner Qualification
- You’ll roll off this programme into a permanent position with Sky.
What you’ll need to be
You’ll need a minimum of 2 National qualifications (NQ’s) level 2 or 3, if you’re applying for a role in Scotland.
- You’ll have a passion to sell
- Thrive in a target drivenenvironment
- A confident communicator and team player
- A resilient attitude
- Enthusiastic about all things Sky
- Passionate aboutproviding our customers with the best service in the country
- A desire to understand new technology, and be in touch with the latest technology trends
- Flexible: your typical shiftpattern will vary, and you’ll need to be available to work evenings and weekends.
Due to funding requirements in Scotland you must be aged between 16 and 24 to be eligible for this qualification.
The application process
First, complete our short application form by entering your details.
Once your application has been submitted you’ll be invited to the next stage (so look out for our email, you may need to check your junk mail just in case) which is a series of Situational Judgement Questions. If you are successful at this stage, you’l l be invited to complete a telephone interview.
The final stage of your applicationwill be a digital assessment day. You’ll have the opportunity to impressus through a variety of tasks, which may include a group discussion, anindividual interview, and smaller programme related exercises.
Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.
What you’ll get
Starting salary of £18,525. We want you to feel as confidentas possible when talking about our products and services, so you’ll get a Sky laptop plus headphones. You'll enjoy free Sky Q, 30 days holiday, private health and dental care, life insurance, a generous pension and a range of high street discounts. We’ll also fully fund your qualificationand associated training through the programme.
How you’ll grow and be supported
Be Brilliant - How? We give you freedom. Support. The chance to try things your way – forging your ideal career path or developing something totally new. It means you can do more. Make an impact. Get noticed. And it means with the right attitude, anything’s possible.
Development - Your learning and development plan has been designed to give you key learning milestones on your career journey. These could be digital activities, online webinars, or evenface to face workshops.
Support Network - Whatever path you choose we’ll be right there with you. You’ll getto teamup with an Apprentice who’s been there and done it and have a manager and apprentice Skills Coach who’ll stretch and guide you to where you want to go. All this plus the support of the Early Careers team who will be on hand from your first day through to the start of your post- programme career journey.
Why Inclusion is important
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s whywe work hard to be aninclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. CV’s aren’t everything. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential whatyou’ll bring to Sky.
We celebrate diversity because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we shouldbe, too.
So why wait?
We'll keep our roles open until we have filled all positions. But things move quickly round here, so we would recommend applying early to avoid disappointment.
If you’re successful inyour application for this role, your appointment will be subjectto receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.