This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an amazing company to develop your future career. Apply now!
You will be working for...
A leader in the development and production of broadcast graphics and delivery systems. Established in 1987 and headquarter in Cambridge, the company also has a wholly owned subsidiary with offices in the USA and a dedicated network of distributors and support offices around the world. The company has a growing customer base of over 2000 systems includes market leading broadcasters like the BBC, Sky' ITV' Channel 4' and Disney.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
Your role will be…
Working within the support department, the role will include the following tasks' some of which will be after progression within the role and dependant on ability.
Your role/day-to-day tasks will include…
- Undertaking of basic internal IT tasks such as the configuration, building and installation of desk to PC's around the office
- Assisting with internal IT backup process
- Testing software installations for the company's products
- Assisting and supporting with basic internal IT troubleshooting
- Collaborating and configuration of demonstration equipment
- Taking first line support calls, logging customer queries and taking messages for other members of the support team
- Data entry to include the collation and updating of unit records
- Stock taking and auditing of support equipment
- Servicing and testing of demonstration equipment
- Testing of new software versions
- Processing of product licence string renewals
- PAT testing of electrical equipment
- Adhoc tasks as requested by the support department
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L3
- Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (equivalent to A- level educational level), MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have…
- A willingness to take on numerous Adhoc tasks as part of the process of learning the role
- Have good communication skills and a strong self-motivation
- Have a good understanding of all basic Microsoft packages (Word/Excel/Outlook, etc)
- 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
The following are desirable qualities but not essential…
- Knowledge or experience of Windows 7
- An interest in broadcast/media industries or in computer graphics
- Knowledge or experience of networking & servers
- Knowledge or experience of MS Exchange 2003
- Experience of updating websites'
- Someone to bring IT Knowledge learned in the college environment into the business
Other Important Information…
Daily working hours are from 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship…
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe’s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.