If you have got the right A levels (or equivalent, or are on track to get them) and you have a committed attitude - you could get paid to get your degree and enjoy these truly exceptional opportunities to be involved in the UK Ministry of Defence Submarine or Weapons Programmes.
You could undertake a comprehensive framework of practical and academic training including a foundation degree and, potentially, a full degree - for those individuals with the greatest potential.
Degree Apprentices will also complete a number of work based training placements and defence specific training at various locations within the UK, while also completing relevant vocational qualifications in preparation for exciting engineering management roles within the MOD.
This degree apprenticeship has two scheme pathways, either…
Nuclear Submarine and Strategic Weapons
Typical placements could involve working with project teams at DE&S HQ in Abbey Wood Bristol and supporting the current in-service Royal Navy fleet and build, through our partners on the Astute Submarine Programme at Barrow in Furness Cumbria.
Weapons, Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives
Typical placements could involve working with our project teams at Abbey Wood, Defence Munitions Depots or our manufacturing partners around the country, supporting the development and procurement of new weapons and ensuring safe handling, transportation and storage of munitions.
To find out more and to apply, please click here!
Benefits of the Degree Apprenticeship in Engineering Management with DE&S;
- a very competitive starting salary and an exciting introduction to MOD work, while, at the same time, we sponsor you through your engineering degree at university!
- highly interesting placements in the UK, significant numbers of which are not available in private industry
- a huge investment and emphasis on your personal training and development
- a wide variety of exciting and rewarding career opportunities supporting the nation’s defence
- the fastest route available to the prestigious ‘Incorporated Status’ in engineering
Whichever scheme you choose, at the end of your 3 to 5 year Degree Apprenticeship with us you will have:
- A university degree in engineering
- A fantastic career in engineering
- No university debt
- A breadth of engineering experience
- Travelled a long way towards Incorporated Status …and all of this at our expense!