Here at Volvo, we pride ourselves on product innovation and excellence. We provide a commitment to our customers that they will always receive second to none service levels – to do this we must ensure that our people are trained to the highest possible standards.
A successful business demands a skilled workforce to improve its bottom line. A skilled workforce demands training and knowledge. That is why we created the Volvo Apprenticeship Programme - widely considered to be the best throughout the Truck and Bus industry.
We provide all our apprentices with the skills needed to become fully qualified and competent individuals with a secure vocation at Volvo. A Volvo trained apprentice will become a top class asset to our business for years to come, we like to invest well into our future.
School leaver opportunities
Volvo do not currently offer School Leaver Programmes.
Heavy Vehicle Advanced Apprenticeship Programme – Up to 4 Years
All aspects of heavy vehicle technology are embedded in this dedicated programme focusing on electronics, diagnostics and computer management systems.
- Working in dealership: learn on the job in the workshop, gaining hands on experience under the guidance of a trained mentor.
- College: fifteen, two week periods of residential training at the Renault Training Academy covers technology in engines, transmissions and the latest diagnostic techniques for all vehicle systems.
- Qualifications: L3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
Aftersales Advanced Apprenticeship Programme – 2 Years
This two year programme focuses on stock management, product and motor vehicle knowledge, effective customer service techniques, with the ability to identify customers’ needs and exceed expectations:
- Working in dealership: learn on the job in parts and service, gaining hands on experience under the guidance of a trained mentor.
- College: ten weeks in depth residential training at the Renault Training Academy.
- Qualifications: L2 & L3 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Principles & Competence
Volvo Apprentice Academy
The Volvo Training Academy is based at Stephenson College in Coalville. The workshops at the college are fully fitted out with the latest Volvo vehicles to give you a cutting-edge training programme and enable you to use the most up to date equipment and tools.
Our industry is changing at a rapid pace; therefore, we have committed to ensure our Volvo Trainers always have the latest knowledge on our product, to enhance your training experience.
Salary & benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Pay
- Full Time Employment at an Authorised Dealer
- Fully paid for Training Course, Qualification Fees and Accommodation
- Residential Training
- Travel & Daily Allowance (College)
- Internationally Recognised Accreditation
For more information, please visit the Volvo Trucks website.
If you are an individual with a real interest in heavy vehicle, have the right attitude, determination and commitment and have the desire to work in the motor industry – then make sure to apply.