- Overall Ranking 89th
- Overall score 74.4%
|ENERGY & UTILITIES||6th||74.4%|
The future’s fluid – shape it with us
At Severn Trent, we bring clean water to over eight million people, every day. Together, we’re delivering and caring for the world’s most precious resource.
We’re a fluid organisation – the challenges we face are always changing, and we’re changing to meet them. From harnessing the power of digital technology to finding safer, more efficient ways to save water, we’re building a network that’s ready for the 21st century. As an Apprentice, you’ll be at the heart of that transformation.
Wherever your talents lie – whether you’re an inventor, engineer or wildlife expert – we’ve got a central role for you to play. No matter which route you choose to take, we’ll give you the freedom and the tools you need to:
- Explore your interests and build your own career path
- Discover new skills and gain nationally recognised qualifications
- Think fluid and approach problems from different angles
- Learn about the science of water, from the ground up
- Provide a vital service to communities across the UK
If you’re ready to move with the current, we’ve got a range of different apprenticeship schemes for you to choose from, including Operations, Engineering, Digital/IS, Finance and Commercial.
School leaver opportunities
Servern Trent do not currently offer any School Leaver Programmes, see their Apprenticeship programmes to find out more.
During your Apprenticeship, you’ll spend two to four years learning and developing your skills, both on-the-job and at college, while earning a competitive salary. You’ll learn to juggle real-world priorities in an ever-changing business, from reducing demand and promoting water efficiency to keeping our customers at the heart of every decision we make.
There are five schemes to choose from and many different routes you can take within them. No matter which discipline you pick, you’ll be helping to create a more sustainable future for the water industry – and joining Severn Trent at an exciting time of transformation.
- Advanced Apprenticeship – Utilities Engineering Technician
- Advanced Apprenticeship – Utilities Operational Technician
- Higher Apprenticeship – Engineering
- Higher Apprenticeship – Finance & Commercial/Procurement
- Degree Apprenticeship – Digital/Information Systems
Salary & benefits
Benefits can be found on the site.
The people who tend to do best have an appetite for learning, can approach problems from different angles and are willing to do hands-on work to find a solution. Normally, we ask for:
- Advanced Apprenticeships: at least 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent), including Maths, English and ideally a Science subject
- Higher Apprenticeships: 2+ A Levels in relevant subjects or equivalent Certificate/Diploma in Engineering, Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
- Degree Apprenticeship: 2+ A Levels in relevant subjects or equivalent Certificate/Diploma in Computer Science, Advanced Apprenticeship in IT/IS
To apply please visit HERE